- This event has passed.
Meditation Retreat with Jeff Carreira
April 6 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$125
Dates: April 6th, 2019
Time 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Meditation is a time honored means of transcending the mental reactivity and negative habits of mind that too often keep us bound up in our current realities and unavailable for more.
During this retreat you will learn and practice a radically transformative form of meditation called The Practice of No Problem. Jeff Carreira has been developing this unique articulation of meditation for the past decade and thousands of people from around the world have used it to enter profound states of liberated awareness.
When you meditate in this way the only instruction you need to follow is to have no problem. That means that no matter what happens and no matter what you experience, you allow it to be OK the way it is. Ultimately having no problem in meditation means doing nothing. When you don’t have a problem, you don’t need to do anything because nothing is wrong.
This deceptively simple technique turns out to be more challenging than it appears, but if you give your focus and attention to it the results can be nothing less than miraculous.
As you sit in meditation you inevitably find yourself struggling against unconscious habits designed to manipulate and control your experience into whatever you think it is supposed to be. Eventually you realize that all of your effort to shape your experience is not doing nothing. It’s just more manipulation and control and you can simply stop all of it and just let everything be exactly the way it is. This is the moment of profound existential release and spiritual liberation.
During this retreat our deep dive into meditation will allow us to experience a source of creativity with the power to change reality. This ground of creative emptiness will become the foundation of philosophical inquiries that open us to radically new conceptions of reality and new possibilities for human life.
You see, in spite of the advances of modern science, we tend to live in a worldview that is hundreds of years old.
This retreat will begin with a deep dive into the essence of meditation that will expand into a profound exploration of how your consciousness can shift into a new paradigms of being from which it becomes possible to re-create the world on an entirely new foundation.
During this retreat you will discover new perspectives and new ways of thinking that have the power to dramatically shift the way you feel, think and live. You will not only learn about new ideas and perspectives, you will be guided through thought experiments and practices that allow you to see beyond your normal perceptions into exciting new possibilities.
You are invited to practice a form of experiential philosophy that uses the creative powers of the mind to shift into new paradigms of awareness.
During this retreat you will:
- Receive all of the instruction and guidance you need to learn how to consistently find the inner freedom that is always right here in the middle of the experience you’re already having.
- Learn to embrace the way things are so deeply that your energy is liberated, your attention is released, and you become profoundly available to experience in ways you never have before.
- Discover the open and receptive space of awareness I sometimes call ‘betweeness’ – where we have let go of our mental habits and are ready to explore new ways of being. You will return over and over again to this place until you feel comfortable resting there.
- See how the current paradigm that we live in holds our awareness within a conceptual framework limited by ideas of linear time, three dimensional space and separation.
- Experience how our self-concept and personal identity transform as soon as we cease to see ourselves as isolated beings moving through time and limited by space.
- Practice questioning our most deeply unconscious beliefs and assumptions about reality in ways that can free our imaginations to conceive of what was previously impossible to imagine.
Our time on retreat will be split between periods of instruction and guidance as well as periods of silent practice. Long time meditators are sure to have new insights and breakthrough experiences and beginning meditators will have all the support they need to enter into deep states of meditative silence.
“The Practice of No Problem drew me into a richer experience than I’ve ever had and I’m seeing everything differently.”
Gillian, Boston Massachusetts
“I now understand the power of meditation in a much deeper way than I ever have.”
Reynolds, San Francisco, California
“This meditation is utterly reorienting in the best, deepest, and most liberating way.”
D.Gold, North Carolina
About Jeff Carreira
Jeff Carreira is a meditation teacher and a mystical philosopher with an international following. He is the author of seven books exploring the practice of meditation and the philosophy of inner growth. He has been leading workshops and retreats and teaching courses and programs that have guided thousands of people throughout the world to discover higher possibilities.